This page is under construction, please refer to the following links:
Robotics engineer with work experience building hardware/software systems for several companies
Google Research MI & Perception - Localization systems ranging from embedded hardware development to lasers and holography.
Google X - Prototyping hardware/software systems involving thermal vision and related technologies.
SpaceX - Avionics GNC & flight computer software development for the Dragon spacecraft and Falcon Rocket (CRS-2).
Amazon - Building better distributed algorithms/systems.
TensorFlow Chessbot - Github Repository
Computer Vision to turn a Chessboard image into chess tiles
- Programmatically generating training datasets
Predicting chess pieces from images by training a single-layer classifier
- Chessboard Convolutional Neural Network classifier
Interests and Background
Rapid prototyping and product development merging hardware/electronics/software.
Publications / Presentations
- Spencer Rugaber, Leo Mark, Rocky Dunlap, and Sameer Ansari. "Managing Software Complexity and Variability in Coupled Climate Models." IEEE Software (2011). Print.
- Kyel Ok, Sameer Ansari, William Gallagher, William Sica, Frank Dellaert, Mike Stilman, "Path Planning with Uncertainty: Voronoi Uncertainty Fields." IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation 2013.
- Sameer Ansari, Rocky Dunlap. "Automatic Configuration of CESM/CCSM4 on Amazon EC2 Cloud.” Tech. Georgia Institute of Technology (2010). SMARTech.
- V. Balaji, Sameer Ansari, Aparna Radhakrishnan (2011), "Challenges in Analysis and Visualization of Large Earth Science Data Sets I" Abstract IN41C-01 presented at 2010 Fall Meeting, AGU, San Francisco, Calif., 8 Dec.